Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Yoga Teacher Training Journal: December 13

Today's class made me think about the exuberance of health. As in, how wonderful it feels to be healthy (or at least to be on the mend) when you've been sick--seriously ill--for awhile.

This was my first class back after having to take an extended break due to a severe and persistent respiratory disorder. And the fact that I didn't have a fever, and that I wasn't clammy, and that I could breathe through my nose--all of these were, in their own way, causes for celebration.

Sure, I still can't do Pranayama without hacking and wheezing and getting sharp looks from people who are annoyed that a) I'm breaking their concentration and b) potentially getting them sick. But that's okay--each cough means my lungs are getting better, that things are moving around and finding their way out of my body, and that I'm going to be back to normal soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment