Wednesday, December 26, 2012
Yoga Teacher Training Journal: December 21
Today I put taking a yoga class on my "Me-List" because I knew I really needed to go--not just to meet my class quota for the week, but because I knew the holidays were coming up and that getting to class would be difficult for a few days--and that really sucks because, if you ask me, at no time is yoga more necessary than at the holidays.
The problem is that my in-laws were visiting NYC and had decided to come to our place in Jersey City for dinner. They were planning to come at 6 and leave around 9. And I found out that morning. And how could I go to work and to yoga if the earliest class I could take would end at 6:30, putting me back in Jersey City, sweaty and unpresentable, at 8??? They would think I was the worst wife ever, right?!
Well, I boasted yesterday of my epiphany... and now here I was wrestling with what I wanted vs. what I perceived to be expected of me. So I again forced myself to let my story go and stick to my original plan. But to placate my inner child, I also wrote into my ME-List that I'd have an enjoyable visit with my in-laws.
The cool thing was that it all worked out--I got to get my practice in, my in-laws got some time alone with their son (and I think all in-laws secretly want that), and then we all had a lovely time once I got home--sweat and all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment