Thursday, November 15, 2012

Yoga Teacher Training Journal: November 14



My cold and cough had gotten so bad by the end of today, I thought there was no way I could go to yoga. But I had made plans to meet a friend and I didn't want to let her down. So I dragged my achy carcass to Riverflow.

And guess what? Surprise music class!!!

I LOVED IT!

There was something so incredibly relaxing about it. I found it easier to meditate in the absence of the dialogue and the class was over before I knew it--it just flowed by. Plus there was something positively blissful about being able to practice to songs I deeply love, like "And She Was" by the Talking Heads, or Simon and Garfunkel's tour de force, "Only Living Boy in New York."

My experience got me thinking that I should try not to tune in quite so much to the dialogue all the time--that maybe there's an unconscious communication that happens between you and your teacher if you let yourself slip away from the words into your poses.

It also made me want to teach a music class as soon as is humanly possible. For a deejay/audiophile/yoga nut, it's like a dream come true. Already on the set list: Radiohead's "Separator," above.

No comments:

Post a Comment