![]() | |
| If it's cool with y'all, I'mma start wearing my tie-dyed bloomers to class. And maybe kinda sorta all the time. |
STEP AWAY FROM THE DESK
I'd like to start this journal entry off with a shout-out to my kick-ass Accountability Partners, the awesome Jane and June. I like to think I would have gotten out of work on time to go to yoga without their encouraging texts to STEP AWAY FROM THE DESK and get to class, but recent history has proven otherwise.
The fact of the matter is, I was waylaid enough times on the way out the door that by the time I got in my car and on my way, all signs pointed to FAIL. But the universe showed me a route to get to Riverflow that was ten minutes shorter than any I'd taken thus far. And though the roads were dark and winding, no deer bolted forth from the woods to ruin both of our days.
I got there and got to practice next to Alex (yay!) while Alyssa led the class with her patented mellow ebullience.
As for revelations/A-HA moments, I had an epiphany that is no less an epiphany for the fact that I feel like I've been told this thing I had a revelation about a hundred times: Full locust is actually FUN and GRACEFUL when you are aware of your breathing throughout.
Seriously! Fun and graceful--not a struggle--no lie! No grunting! No collapsing at the end! You can smile and feel like you're flying.
Now I just need to work on getting me some tie-dyed bloomers and I'll be all set...

No comments:
Post a Comment