Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yoga Teacher Training Journal: January 15

A little late-night Melville humor never hurt nobody.
Wow, I'm tired. Tired tired tired. A great class tonight, followed by a good three hours of scripting practice with my dear friend Jane, whom I've mentioned before in this journal. She's been a huge motivating force getting me through teacher training, and tonight seemed like a scripting breakthrough--not like a "perfect no stumbling no faltering full-confidence" type of scripting session, but so much better than it has been... I feel like a great weight has been lifted from my shoulders--I feel, all of a sudden, that this is possible once again!

My great white whale, the script, has now transformed to something more akin to the cutes-patoots pictured here--though I may well still be every inch the scowling Ahab. I like to think not, however.

Class was awesome. Riverflow, mat-to-mat, Alyssa did an amazing job keeping the room on point and everyone seemed to have a great class. I am continually astounded at my ability to embrace the full hot room after all these years of dreading it! Guess I'm a sucker for that we're-all-in-this-together-type camaraderie.

No comments:

Post a Comment