Tuesday, January 8, 2013
Yoga Teacher Training Journal: January 7 & 8
Each day just keeps getting better and better.
Yesterday I kind of spaced on concentrating on releasing during savasana, but we had a fantastic teacher that I'd never had before--Mark. He's subbing on Mondays for Beloved Anthony's evening classes (B.A.'s freelance stylist gigs are starting to pile up, whoot!), and I have to say, those are some big shoes to fill--even though BA's feet are likely quite tiny (I've never really examined them, and now this is getting creepy so I'll stop). But he was "wonderful," as one woman said--a packed house and he was attentive to everyone, newbies and regs alike--high energy and rigorous without being sadistic. I wish I remembered more about it because it was a wonderful class.
Tonight's class was with a challenging teacher I've had once before--she's challenging mostly because she races through savasana, so people who need the time to breathe don't always get a chance to do so. However, she's mindful of proper savasana during the floor series, and that's where it really counts (in my opinion). Today I was mindful of Jane's advice--surrendering, letting go in savasana of the stuff that has been stirred up by the poses, and once again, it was amazing.
This time was different--the release was an intense lightening that once again manifested in the feeling of having an enormous (literal) weight lifted from my shoulders. I had a hard time keeping my eyes completely open so I just let them go wonky but stayed resolutely in the room. I walked out of that class with relaxed shoulders, an easy smile and a fantastic attitude.
I also tried one of Rhonda's tips from the Riverflow Online Community Website--the one about anchors and how we can bring our experiences on the mat--of joy, of peace, of equanimity--into the world. During Standing Bow, I got my leg as close to a standing split as I'd ever experienced, and I felt a moment of joyful accomplishment, so I rubbed my left thumb and forefinger together in the subsequent savasana. And I actually balanced for a few seconds in toe stand on the right side--SCORE!--so I rubbed my left thumb and forefinger together again during savasana.
Now I just need to remember to attach an anchor to my intensely wonderful floor savasanas--post-standing-series, post-Camel, etc.--and I'll be golden, walking the world with ammunition against stress and frustration.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment